Company Name: ICAP at Columbia University
Company Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
About The Company
ICAP was founded in 2003 at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health. Now a global leader in HIV and health systems strengthening, ICAP provides technical assistance and implementation support to governments and non-governmental organizations in more than 21 countries. ICAP has supported work at more than 4,300 health facilities around the world. More than 2.3 million people have received HIV care through ICAP-supported programs and over 1.4 million have begun antiretroviral therapy.
Non-profit Organization Management
Hospital & Health Care
This position is grant funded.
- Develop and recommend personnel policies and procedures and maintain local hire manual in accordance with labour laws and ICAP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Actively participate in the full-cycle recruitment for all office vacancies which includes supporting managers in the writing and updating of job descriptions, placing job advertisements, screening and interviewing qualified candidates, conducting references checks and extending employment offers.
- Ensure that all new hires are on boarded appropriately and given access to ICAP policies and procedures. Support managers on the orientation of new employees.
- Act as the lead in-country promoter of ICAP’s professional development initiatives including both in-person and online learning opportunities. Assist employees and management on identifying learning opportunities In partnership with the Country Director, manage all employee relations matters including conflict resolution and disciplinary matters that is in compliance with local labor laws, ICAP, SOPs in order to meet the standards of a conducive working environment. .
- Educate employees on available leave options and guidelines.
- Monitor employee time off tracking according to ICAP leave policies. Ensure prompt submission of time off tracking sheets as well as leave request forms.
- Collaborate with the Country Director and Director of Administration and Finance to conduct compensation reviews which entail salary survey data submissions and/or analysis of national inflation rates.
- Develop salary adjustment proposals for Human Resources Director’s review and approval.
- Implement and administer the annual and intermittent staff appraisal process- Support set-up of systems for monitoring staff performance, evaluation, and promotion
- Provide clear, consistent, ethical and legally-accurate advice to all employees on all aspects of Human Resources as needed and when requested as well as when specific risks are identified.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Labor and local legal counsel when needed on issues of compliance with local laws.
- Ensure that the organization is kept abreast of country employment laws.
- Lead preparation of monthly payroll data for payroll change file in collaboration with Finance department.
- Coordinate the administration of benefits by working closely with insurance carrier(s) to manage staff enrollments and terminations, issuance of insurance cards, Schedule periodic insurance benefits orientation for all staff members.
- Work alongside the Director of Administration and Finance in negotiating and preparation of consultant contracts/service provider agreements as per ICAP SOPs.
- Liaise with the Country Director and safety and security focal person to ensure safety needs of all staff members are met during crises.
- Travel to the districts as needed to assist Country Director and Director of Administration and Finance with training and other duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master degree is desirable
- 5+ years working experience in a similar post within an NGO or international organization.
& Minimum Required Qualifications
- Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and confidentiality at all times.
- Computer literacy in MS Office packages.
How to apply:
Enhance your chances by remodeling your Cover Letter / Resume before applying Click here to get started
Go to Interested applicants should send their comprehensive CV’s and letter of motivation to ICAP-Jobs@cumc.columbia.edu with “ Human Resources Manager ” in the subject line. to apply.