Company Name: SIEMENS
Company Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
About The Company
For more than 170 years, Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) has stood for innovative strength, a passion for technology, sustainability, responsibility and an uncompromising commitment to quality and excellence. As a globally operating technology company, we’re rigorously leveraging the advantages that our setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, our businesses are bundled into eight divisions and healthcare as well as wind power as separately managed businesses. As of September 30, 2017, we had around 377,000 employees worldwide. Orders totalled €85,7 billion and revenue was €83 billion in fiscal 2017. We operate in 289 major production and manufacturing plants worldwide. In addition, we have office buildings, warehouses, research and development facilities or sales offices in almost every country in the world.
Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Has strong focus on excellent delivery of a high quality training product, both to internal and external customers. Must have the ability to sell training courses and programs, and to achieve growth of the department through increased customer demand. Must also have a strong commitment to personal professional development of trainers and training curricula. Ensures process and delivery improvement through improved course content, highly skilled training partner personnel, and enhanced innovative use of technology.
What are my responsibilities?
- Drive Sales by promoting Training offerings to all existing and new customers
- Develop go-to-market strategy for Training portfolio fitting with market requirements
- Gather feedback from customer, assess customer’s needs, address customer inquiries and provide ideas and suggestions on relevant training offerings
- Create and drive opportunities to guarantee achievement of Order Intake & Sales targets
- Deliver presentations and provide technical knowledge-sharing/training to customers
- Regularly update customer information and pipeline in the Philos CRM tool and develop efficient weekly working plan and monthly business reports for management
- Act as a change agent to proactively derive new opportunities for Training and develop trusted relationships with customers to ensure increased customer satisfaction
- Day-to-day supervision of trainers, training partners, training plan and content
- Providing reports on department performance on a regular basis and managing budget
- Develop and deliver a balanced training schedule which meets the needs of the general market and regional authorities
- Ensuring the availability of adequate resources in terms of training staff, materials & equipment.
- Oversees the tendering process to ensure incoming enquiries are dealt with efficiently and competitively.
- Ensure up-to-date certification and licensing from approved Technical Societies and Certification Bodies in alignment with quality objectives
- Take day-to-day responsibility for the general upkeep of the Training department
- Establish apprenticeship schemes, training curricula and development programs meeting the needs of clients, educational institutions and State Governments
- Enhance performance of the department utilizing modern training and management techniques.
What experience and capabilities do I need to apply for the role?
- Successful proven track record in a Sales related function
- Good technical knowledge and teaching skills exhibiting a passion for training
- Excellent communication skills and clear vocal delivery
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills with ability to supervise trainers, oversee facilities and manage key stakeholders
- Strong evidence of ability to build consensus across multiple stakeholders with varying needs
- Ability to produce internal reports, tender documents, and training related documentation in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ability to establish and maintain high quality of training results and training environment
- Ability to develop new opportunities in related sectors
- Ability to work under pressure and according to tight time scales
- Should possess good organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Occasional travel within and outside of Lagos
What knowledge and skills do I need to apply for the role?
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years related work experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation)
- Masters in Business related course an advantage
- Experience as a Trainer also an added advantage
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Job ID: 190475
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
How to apply:
Enhance your chances by remodeling your Cover Letter / Resume before applying Click here to get started
Go to https://jobs.siemens-info.com/jobs/190475?lang=en-us to apply.